We are not currently accepting volunteers or shadowing experiences due to the pandemic. We are still conducting official internships on an academic year cycle. For more details about our internship program, visit www.oakalwnjobs.org/intern. We will resume volunteer experiences (detailed below) when it is safe to do so!
Oaklawn offers a wide array of volunteer services:
- Tutoring or mentoring children or adolescents at our Mishawaka campus
- Assisting with patient activities
- Serving as a program helper
- Visiting with or welcoming clients
- Filing, copying or other clerical projects
- Data entry
- Seasonal decorating at Oaklawn facilities
Because Oaklawn is a medical facility, all volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. All volunteers must pass background checks, complete a drug screen and a TB test.
To get started, complete the online volunteer application.