- This event has passed.
Overlooked Addictions: Social Media
April 20 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Spring Mental Health Series (virtual trainings):
Phones have changed the way we interact with the world around us. Social media specifically has changed the way we engage with each other – and even how we view ourselves. Today’s adolescents have never lived in a world without social media, but how does all that scrolling, swiping and tweeting affect the developing brain? When is it too much? And, what can be done when it becomes an unhealthy addiction? Join Heather Glenn, MSW, LSW, a child and adolescent therapist specializing in addictions, to explore these questions and more.
As a result of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
– Define Social Media & Introduce Popular Social Media Platforms
– Explain the Science of Social Media
– Identify Symptoms of a Social Media Addiction
– Provide Practical Advice for Loosening the Bond with Social Media
– 8-9:15 a.m.: Presentation
– 9:15-9:30 a.m.: Q&A
Attendees who complete this training will receive 1.0 CEU. Training is free, but registration is required. For questions or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.