- This event has passed.
Mental Health Breakfast: Emerging Trends in Suicide Prevention
September 8 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 amFree
Suicide remains the second-leading cause of death among 10- to 24-year-olds – and numbers have generally been rising for a decade. Join Leslie Weirich, suicide prevention specialist, and Amy Rosen, LMHC, LCAC, vice president of Medical Services, for this training on emerging trends in suicide prevention. Hear from Leslie Weirich, who lost her 20-year-old son, Austin, to suicide in 2016. She now serves as suicide prevention specialist working with local schools and youth-serving agencies to address suicide risk in young people and promote mental wellness. In addition to learning more about our local landscape, resources and prevention strategies, you’ll also learn about larger trends in the field.
As a result of this presentation, attendees will:
- Understand local and state trends in suicide rates
- Know warning signs for suicide and name at least three crisis resources
- Learn about the rising role of peer training in suicide prevention
- Identify features of non-suicidal self-injury
- Understand clinicians’ use of “active” vs. “passive” suicide risk
7:45-8 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8-9:15 a.m. Presentation
9:15-9:30 a.m. Q&A
Attendees who complete this training will receive 1.0 CEU. Training is free, but registration is required. Register at http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ei8yk4o541c42be6&llr=9kcxmrdab