Reporting a problem or concern
Oaklawn is committed to providing quality services with honesty and integrity in a safe environment. Any person who suspects an impropriety or violation of standards may seek additional information and/or discuss the concern with Emily Neufeld, Corporate Integrity Officer:
- 574-283-1234, ext. 4270
- voice mailbox (no caller ID): 574-294-7099
- Confidentiality is assured
If you have a concern that you feel hasn’t been adequately addressed by Oaklawn, you may report it to the agencies listed below. Oaklawn will take no action against a person who reports a concern.
- The Indiana Department of Mental Health in Indianapolis offers a Consumer Service Line for all consumers of public mental health or addictions services in Indiana. They welcome your compliments, questions, or concerns about the service you received at Oaklawn. You can call the Consumer Service Line at 1-800-901-1133.
- Patient safety concerns can be reported to The Joint Commission:
- At www.jointcommission.org, the “Report A Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the homepage of the website
- By fax to 630-792-5636
- By mail to Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Elkhart County Access
South Bend Access