For some, mental health issues are temporary and circumstantial. For others, it’s a lifelong journey. Either way, you can live well in recovery!
Oaklawn’s team of expertly-trained professionals work with our clients to determine the best treatment, identify strengths and support goals in recovery. Our programs and services include:
Oaklawn offers 24/7 inpatient care for adults and seniors in Elkhart County at Cedars, our inpatient psychiatric unit in Goshen. Cedars is staffed by psychiatrists, nurses and additional mental health professionals who help patients in crisis move toward stability and recovery. St. Joseph County residents seeking information about inpatient care should contact Memorial Epworth Center at 574-647-8400.
Intensive outpatient care
Oaklawn’s intensive outpatient programs combine a high level of service with the flexibility of outpatient care.
- Intensive Illness Management and Recovery: IMR is for individuals with a psychiatric diagnosis who may be newly diagnosed, have experienced a severe episode or are experiencing difficulty with daily living. Clients in this group are most commonly experiencing schizophrenia, depression or bipolar disorder. Participating individuals meet three times a week, receive case management services and optional individual therapy and family support. The goal of this program is to help clients improve their ability to live well with their mental illness.
- Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment: A 14-week intensive program for those experiencing a psychiatric disorder and substance use. This program combines individual therapy and group and family sessions (two to four sessions per week), with continuing care sessions once per week for several months.
- Addictions Intensive Outpatient Program: An eight week program with three sessions a week and continuing care support for one session a week for several months. For more information on addictions, visit our addictions page.
Oaklawn provides outpatient care to adults who may be experiencing issues such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress or addictions, to name a few. Our services are specialized to meet the specific needs of each person and appointments are made according to your schedule.
- Individual Counseling: Oaklawn offers individual counseling opportunities with a therapist on a schedule that fits your needs.
- Groups: Oaklawn offers several groups to support those with serious and chronic mental illness. Groups combine education, treatment, and life skills training. Dual diagnosis groups are held for people who have both a serious mental illness and addictions. Following intensive outpatient treatment, an ongoing continuing care group assists individuals in identifying relapse warning signs and developing a relapse prevention plan.
Our psychiatric services team includes psychiatrists, nurse practitioners and psychiatric nurses who oversee medical treatment. These services include:
- Prescribing medications
- Answering questions about medications, including side effects
- Helping with medication refills and medication samples
- Helping with the Patient Assistance Program for medications