Leaders in our field
Oaklawn is committed to providing the highest quality services. We are accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent non-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 20,000 health care organizations and programs around the country.
Oaklawn Psychiatric Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, and received three-year accreditation in February 2017 through the Behavioral Health Accreditation Program.
We are members of the following organizations:
- Indiana Council of Community Mental Health Centers
- Indiana Hospital Association
- Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy
- National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
- Mennonite Health Services
Oaklawn is sponsored by Mennonite Health Services, a community of health and human service ministries who seek to further God’s work of healing and hope through Jesus Christ.
The Indiana Department of Mental Health in Indianapolis offers a Consumer Service Line for all consumers of public
mental health or addictions services in Indiana. They welcome your compliments, questions, or concerns about the
service you received at Oaklawn. You can call the Consumer Service Line at 1-800-901-1133.
You can also contact Oaklawn’s Client Advocate, Emily Neufeld, at 574-533-1234, ext. 4270.
Patient safety concerns can be reported to The Joint Commission:
- At www.jointcommission.org, the “Report A Patient Safety Event” link in the “Action Center” on the homepage of the website
- By fax to 630-792-5636
- By mail to Office of Quality and Patient Safety, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181